Monday, June 30, 2008

On my way to Ghana...

Thanks to the FUND FOR TEACHERS (www.fundforteachers.org) I will be traveling to Ghana, West Africa to nurture my quest for knowledge. Specifically, I was awarded a travel/study grant to study Ghanaian history and contemporary culture. In the midst f this study I will research and document youth perspectives on everyday life in Ghana.
I will be using this information to enhance my English Language Arts Curriculum at my school Urban Assembly Academy of History and Citizenship for Young Men.

Of course it's no fun to travel alone, so, joining me on this trip will be my mom and two sons. My husband and youngest son Kofi was unable to travel with us because we couldn't find the best form of Malaria protection for a four year old.

Planning a trip to Ghana or West Africa can be time consuming. There are several things that you must take care of....

I recommend looking at the following sites and seeing what works best for you.

http://www.ghanaconsulatenewyork.org/

http://www.traveldocs.com/gh/vrny.htm


Ghana Tourist Board

Health information
****do what works best for you.

For some useful information while in Ghana check these sites out..

One Africa

Krokrobite Institute


Well that's all for now..
Stay tuned.
I'm hoping for good Internet access so that I can blog my daily experience..
peace and blessings

No comments: